Hi Alex! How are you?
Hey girl! I’d say I’m doing pretty well these days.
I fell in love with your amaze YouTube tutorial for a green smokey eye! What an awesome color btw. What made you want to join the thousands in the YouTube glam world?
I have always loved makeup. Never as a way to cover up my imperfections but as an art form… other forms of art are just not my thing! You know the saying, “Whatever you’re doing while you’re procrastinating is probably what you should be doing for the rest of your life?” I would sit for hours at a time and watch different beauty gurus on YouTube. From there, I knew it would definitely be the avenue for me. I was hesitant at first, thinking my makeup collection wasn’t sufficient enough. However, in this class I’m currently taking called “CHANGE” taught by a close family friend, I’ve been learning ways to empower myself and to be happy with who I am and the direction I’m headed. At the beginning of the course, we all were asked why we had to wait until we “grew up” to live the life we wanted. We were challenged to accomplish a “big thing.” Mine is to start and grow a successful YouTube channel. I finally said no more excuses, why not now? Uploading my first video was scary, but I am SO happy I did it and I’m excited to watch myself grow along with my channel.
How’d you get into make up?
My mom would say it all started at 12 when I would sneak and wear her foundation and eyeliner. But at 14, my parents allowed me to wear makeup, and the rest is history. Now, honestly, the makeup section is the only section I’ll visit in a drugstore…unless I’m hungry. I remember always feeling like I had to have eye shadow on and it had to be a noticeable color. It’s great looking at pictures, saying “WHY DIDN’T ANYONE TELL ME I LOOKED LIKE THAT?!” It’s a great learning experience and a great laugh, for sure!
Do you see makeup in your future?
YES, YES, & YES! I would love to make makeup my way of life. I love the experience of allowing people to see their natural features enhanced and displayed in a way that is unique to their specific facial structure, skin type, or personal preference. I want to stay on YouTube for as long as a can, which for me will be until it is no longer socially acceptable for someone of my age to put that much product on my face. I've branched out into the freelance world, starting with prom season! I hope this experience will expand my clientele, my skills, and knowledge.
| Happy Holla-ween! |
What’s your fave part of creating a look?
Definitely makeup being build-able. You don’t have to always put a lot on, but honeybun, if you want to take it there, hop on the train with me! Simple things, like using a different shade to contour, lining your lips, or applying false lashes can completely change a look. What I love most is the versatility each person has to show themselves on their face.
What are your beauty brand obsessions right now?
Where do I begin?! If I could buy everything I would! I may not need it, but if it sparkles and has cute packaging, I’m buying it! Let me think—I think I hit the nail on the head with the Becca Ever Matter Poreless Priming Perfector. My skin is an oily mess without a primer, but the one’s I've tried before this one weren't really doing anything for my skin. I thank the makeup gods for this primer. It retails for $36 and will glue your foundation to your face. Worth the splurge. Another product I love is MAC’s Taupe Lipstick. For any brown baby-girl’s like myself, it is THE perfect everyday nude. But MAC has a color for every complexion. Also, with any MAC matte lipstick, make sure you put on a moisturizing chap stick before applying. All MAC lipsticks retail for $16.
What are some things every girl HAS to have in her bag in case of a 911 date!?
A little mascara goes a long way. Your lashes don’t have to look runway ready, but just a little can emphasize your eyes. Plus, long lashes are perfect for flirting. A highlighting powder is also great. Putting it on the highest points of your face, such as you brow bone, the bridge of your nose, and the top of your cheeks. Lastly, your favorite lipstick is essential for confidence; one that compliments your lip shape and skin tone.
What advice do you have for makeup beginners interested in beating their face to capacity?
You do not, DO NOT, have to start your kit by buying all high end brands. It is perfectly okay to start your kit at the drugstore and work your way up. Some of my drugstore faves are ELF, Wet & Wild, & Maybelline, which can be found at places like Target. There are also some great online brands like Morphe and BH Cosmetics! Beat your face within your means.
If you could only put one thing on your face for the rest of your days, what would it be?
You’re killing me! I’m going to have to go with concealer because of its versatility. You can cover dark spots, conceal dark circles under your eye, and carve out your brows.
How do you decide your look of the day?
My mood plays a big part in it. Some days, I don’t really feel like wearing a lot of makeup, where on others I feel like wearing every product I own. Sometimes I wake up thinking about a certain eye shadow or palette I want to create a look with. I also base makeup looks around my lipstick colors, especially when I buy new ones.
When beating a face, where should we start?
In my opinion, you should always start by outlining and filling in your brows. This sets the tone for the rest of your face, especially your eye shadow. You can set your brows with a gel once you finish the rest of your face. Doing your brows first is like outlining your paper before you write it.
Your first YouTube vid was a success, when can we expect another makeup masterpiece
Thank you so much for watching! I plan to upload two videos a week, Mondays and Thursdays. This week, I’m uploading my February Favorites, so you’ll hear about the products I mentioned earlier, as well as some other ones I loved this month.
OMG thank you so so much Alex for sitting with the little bag lady! Where can we find you and more of your beauty secrets?
Thank you so much for having me! Your blog is so cute! Of course, you can find me on YouTube—like, comment, and subscribe to my channel! I love interacting with my subscribers! You can also find me on Twitter (@alexandrialarae) and on Instagram (@_alexandrialarae). For business inquiries, you can contact me at alexandriarichards95@gmail.com. Thank you again! I had a lot of fun!
For more information on Alex, the makeup artist, her faves, and her life changing class, connect with her through the socials and stay tuned, for this will not be the last of the LBL and AR team up. Hop on this makeup train before it gets too crowded, Divas! Wouldn't you love to say you were on it first? Thanks for looking inside this beloved bag of mine.
Until next time,
LBL
No comments:
Post a Comment